Cyclecross CX 500 Carbon KHS
KHS 2017 CX 500 Cyclocross Bike
Cyclocross bikes were designed to be a 'do everything' bike, with a taller bottom bracket and wider tires. They are just as happy to chew some dirt as they are to race across pavement. Keep mashing those pedals and there's nowhere it can't take you.
The CX500 Cyclocross Bike from KHS is one of those bikes just checks every box in what a bike should be capable of. With a carbon frame, fork, and seatpost you'll have the edge on the competition. On the road, its compact geometry is undeniably comfortable. Off the road the MAXXIS Mud Wrestler M209P tires grab and rip through the dirt like you need them to, keeping you in control.
The KHS Full Carbon CX frame gives you the strength and stiffness high performance demands. Powering this workhorse is a Shimano FC-RS500 46/36 11 speed crankset mated with a Shimano CS-5800 11-32 11 speed cassette, giving you extreme versatility in gearing. The Shimano Hydraulic STI ST-RS505 shifters bend to your will, and combined with the Shimano 105 front and rear derailleurs, they give you silky-smooth performance even over the roughest terrain.
The Shimano BR-RS505 Hydraulic disc brakes give you the confidence and ability to navigate any surface, and the Weinmann XC-180 alloy rims mounted with MAXXIS Mud Wrestler tires don't compromise on stiffness and durability. They were made to go fast -- and stay that way. The Mud Wrestler tires feature a wider tread pattern which shreds mud and grass to supply maximum traction and control.
- Speeds: 22
- Frame: KHS Full Carbon CX Design, T700 MSD High Modulus Carbon, 1.5 Taper, 12mm Through Axle, Flat Mount Disc
- Fork: Full T700 MSD Carbon CX Disc, 1.5 Taper, 12 x 100mm Thru Axle, Flat Mount
- Headset: FSA Orbit C40-ACB, N.42/ACB, Angular Contact Bearings, 1-1/8"~1.5" Integrated Alloy Cap
- Rims: Weinmann XC-180 Disc, Alloy Double Wall, 700C
- Front Hub: Formula RX-812, S.B.. Super Light Disc, 12mm x 100mm
- Rear Hub: Formula RX-300, S/B Super Light, Cassette, 12 x 142mm
- Tires: Maxxis Mud Wrestler, M209P, 700X33C, 60TPI Folding
- Spokes: 14G Stainless Black, 28HX32 w/Alloy Nipples
- Front Derailleur: Shimano 105 FD5800
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano 105 RD5800
- Shifters: Shimano Hydraulic STI, ST-RS505, 11s
- Chain: KMC X11EL w/missing Link
- Crankset: Shimano FC-RS500, 46/36, 11s, 2-pc
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Outboard Bearing
- Cassette: Shimano CS-5800, 11-32T, 11-speed
- Seatpost: Q2 Carbon, 27.2X350mm
- Saddle: KHS Sport Road, CrMo Rail
- Handlebar: FSA Omega Compact, 31.8
- Stem: FSA Omega, 31.8
- Grips: Cushion Tape
- Brake Levers: Shimano Hydraulic STI, ST-RS505, 11s
- Brakes: Shimano BR-RS505 Hydraulic Disc, Flat Mount, 160X160